31 Mar Things to Consider When Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing brings with it special challenges and opportunities. You can use the features of a mobile device, including voice, video, camera, and text-messaging capabilities, to develop innovative marketing plans to attract customers to your business.
Not unlike email marketing campaigns, it is imperative to make sure you are sending marketing messages only to people who want to receive them.
Here are some techniques to get people to opt-in to receive ongoing mobile marketing messages from you:
- Ask consumers to text a keyword to your mobile short code
- Place mobile sign-up forms on your website and social media pages
- Ask people to text pictures to your short code
- Announce your mobile signup information at trade shows and events
- Include a mobile sign-up URL that goes to a special landing page in your advertising
- Getting permission first, text a signup link to prospects that call you
- Offer an incentive — such as a free download — for joining
Keeping it Simple
You must remember there are limitations of mobile devices such as the screen is smaller than what users view on their computer, bandwidth may be restricted, and data connections often costs money.
What You Can Do
Engaging and interaction is the new paradigm of today’s marketing. You can ask your customers or prospects to:
- Take, display, and exchange pictures, videos and music
- Send messages via SMS (text), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), and e-mail
- Tell you where they are via location-based capabilities
- Participate in contests or competitions
- Share with their friends and colleagues
If you’re overwhelmed with all the new media options to reach your ideal demographic, let Idea Associates create a winning strategy and manage your campaign so you can go back to doing what you do best – running your business!