12 Apr 5 Years of YouTube – Can You Believe These Numbers?
Posted at 11:57h in Marketing, Social Media
When I read recently that YouTube was the second most popular search engine behind Google, I was quite surprised. One doesn’t consider what started as a collection of home videos to be used in this manner. It prompted me to find and share some more interesting facts about this viral phenom that launched in December 2005.
Here are some key facts and infographics, taken from Online Marketing Trends:
- 6.6 The factor by which YouTube’s number of monthly video streams served (4.67 billion) exceeds that of the second-place site in that category, according to Nielsen.
- Exceeds 2 billion views a day – nearly double the prime-time audience of all 3 major U.S. broadcast networks combined
- 24 hours of video uploaded EVERY MINUTE
- The average person spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in 60 days than all 3 major U.S. networks created in 60 years
- Partner ad revenue more than tripled in 2009
- 94 of Advertising Age’s 100 top advertisers have run campaigns on YouTube and the Google Content Network
- The number of advertisers using display ads on YouTube has increased ten-fold in the past year
- Hundreds of millions of videos are watched every month on mobile devices
- The YouTube player is embedded across tens of millions of websites
- Content ID scans over 100 years of video every day
- Over 3 million people are connected and auto–sharing to at least one social network
- There are 46.2 years of videos watched daily on Facebook
So. Where is your video content?