14 Jul Your Property Development Checklist
Posted at 09:15h in Real Estate Trends
- What is the size of the land?
- Is the Council zone correct for the proposed development?
- What densities are required by the Council?
- Are there any current or future planning controls that may restrict development, such as heritage or conservation areas?
- Is future rezoning likely?
- What are the Council contribution fees?
- Is the site fairly flat/level?
- Is there dual street frontage?
- Is it a corner site?
- Does the slope of the site restrict the type of development proposed?
- Are there any slip problems?
- Will there by an exorbitant cost for filling?
- Are there any significant trees on the site that must be retained, and which will reduce development?
- What are the adjoining neighbors’ setbacks?
- Are views available and will your development restrict your neighbors’ views?
- Will the development affect the privacy of neighbors?
- Does the development receive good solar access?
- Are there special streetscape requirements that must be met?
Traffic and Parking
- Is it safe to get in and out of the site?
- Is the road width suitable for the scale of the development?
- Will an increase in traffic be supported by the Council?
Surface and Ground Water
- Is the site flood affected?
- Is the site serviced by water, sewer, power, cabling and telephone utilities?
- Do existing services need to be upgraded?
- Do any sewer or water mains cross the property and will that restrict the development?
- Are there any draining pits, power poles or electricity boxes that obstruct future access to the site?
Technological Hazards, Pollutants and Disturbances
- Is the site significantly affected by aeroplane, traffic or train noise?
- Is there any evidence of site contamination from past use such as a service station or intensive agriculture?
- Is the site in the vicinity of high-tension cables?
Drop us a line and let us know some things you’ve had to overcome in your development checklists!