28 Nov One Negative Experience? Look Out!
Posted at 09:15h in Social Media
How important is online brand reputation to today’s connected consumer? If you want to truly see how they rely on each other for purchasing decisions read these scary stats below:
- 80% of consumers change their mind after reading a single bad review (Cone Communications).
- 96% of Facebook fans never return to a brand page after “liking” it (Brandglue).
- One negative review can cost you 30 customers (Convergys).
- Almost half of shoppers have avoided a particular store in the past because of someone else’s negative experience (Verde Group).
- Today’s consumer checks 10.4 information sources before buying (Bazaarvoice).
What does this tell us? It doesn’t matter what your ad says in some cases, most consumers are ignoring them. They want to hear about the experience of the product or service from someone they trust.
As far as social media content for these brands, focus less on what makes you great and more on what makes your clients and customers great. Showcase your likers and followers, give them an honest experience, and they will become your brand evangelist.