27 Aug Top Markets for New Construction
Metrostudy’s latest research shows that several markets in the south are up, both based on prior quarter results, and year ago, including Charlotte, Atlanta, Texas, and South Florida.
Metrostudy is calling for an 18% increase in single-family housing starts next year, based on an expectation of a return to normal rates of household formations.
Below are the top markets for total new residential construction, including detached and attached, from Metrostudy.
- Reno, Nevada, who made a huge recovery from a low base number during the downturn.
- Southern California, throughout coastal L.A. and the Inland Empire.
- Atlanta, Georgia, who is seeing high demand in the central “Golden Triangle” submarkets. (Yeah!)
- Chicago, Illinois, also showing steady improvement in the submarkets.
- Nashville, Tennessee, which is seeing a large influx of builders who anticipate serving the growing market.
- Sarasota, Florida, who is proving the retiree demand is back.
- Charlotte, North Carolina, which continues to show a very strong demand of new homebuyers.
What markets do you see heating up for new construction? Share your comments below!
image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net